The goal of the graduate degree programs is to prepare God-called men and women for Christian ministries such as pastors, church planters, missionaries, and other types of Christian ministers.
Canadian Baptist College is committed to providing high quality teaching in a warm, supportive environment both for students well on their way to Christian service and for those just beginning to discover who they are in Christ.
We hold to the founding dream of this institution: to provide theological education and training for students called of God to serve in churches and other Christian ministries seeking to fulfill the Great Commission of Jesus Christ. As many members of our student body come from an international background and seek to carry out the Great Commission globally, we have the privilege in seeing them continue to grow in loving God with all of their heart and soul (spiritual fervour) and with all of their mind and strength (academic rigor). We gladly welcome international students to CSBS&C.
Each program offered at CSBS&C is a Designated Learning Program and eligible to receive foreign nationals on a study permit under the DLI number 019256741082.
For US students: US Student Application Checklist
Since the language of instruction is English, applicants must be proficient in both verbal and written English. All applicants (regardless of citizenship) whose first language is not English must submit the result of the TOEFL test. Test scores must be no more than 2 years old. CSBS&C reserves the right to require any student to submit proof of adequate English skills before admission regardless of educational background, citizenship status, country of origin, or stated primary language. (The TOEFL English language proficiency test measures the ability of non-native speakers of English to use and understand North American English as it is used in higher education.)
Applicants must submit an IBT (internet based) TOEFL score of no less than 83 with a minimum score of 20 in speaking, listening, reading and a minimum score of 22 in writing. The institutional code is 3209. An IELTS score of 6.5 with no band less than 5.0 or other approved language assessment tests may be considered.
International student applicants must prove that they have sufficient funds to support themselves in Canada. The minimum amount needed is:
- Single student: CAD $15,000 plus tuition for one year
- For each additional family member: add CAD $4,000 for one year
Submit evidence of sufficient funds by providing some of the following:
1. Proof of Canadian bank account in your name if money has been transferred to Canada;
2. Your bank statements for the past four months;
3. Proof of a student/education loan from a financial institution;
4. A letter from the person or institution providing you with money, their contact information and bank statements for the past four months from the person or institution.
CSBS&C has a Student Services department that is prepared to assist international students with the transition to Canadian culture. Each semester we provide a thorough orientation specifically for our international students. Our International Student Guide outlines several aspects of Canadian life that will be covered in depth in the orientation. Student Services representatives are also available to help with specific needs as they arise.
1. Education au/in Canada (CMEC) The official Canadian government website for information about studying in Canada, including student visa information.
2. Government of Canada (CIC) The official Government of Canada website.
3. The Canadian Revenue Agency (CRA) If you're an international student studying in Canada, you may have to file a Canadian income tax return. You must determine your residency status to know how you will be taxed in Canada.
Recognized by the Province of Alberta. Accredited by the Association of Theological Schools (ATS) and the Association for Biblical Higher Education (ABHE).
200 Seminary View, Cochrane, AB,
T4C 2G1, CANADA
Phone: (403) 932-6622 • Fax: (403) 932-7049
See Office Hours