The goal of the graduate degree programs is to prepare God-called men and women for Christian ministries such as pastors, church planters, missionaries, and other types of Christian ministers.
Canadian Baptist College is committed to providing high quality teaching in a warm, supportive environment both for students well on their way to Christian service and for those just beginning to discover who they are in Christ.
The Canadian Baptist College is recognized by the Province of Alberta, and the Bachelor of Christian Ministry (BCMin) degree is accredited by the Association for Biblical Higher Education (ABHE). This degree is a Designated Learning Program and eligible to receive foreign nationals on a study permit under the DLI number 019256741082.
CBC offers a 96 credit hour Bachelor of Christian Ministry degree for men and women who have sense the call of God to serve in His church and for lay people who desire a biblical and theological education to enhance their ministry in the local church.
Graduates with the Bachelor of Christian Ministry degree will be trained to:
1. Serve the Lord from a solid foundation of Bible knowledge, understanding how the Bible is to be interpreted and how one lives out the Christian faith within a biblical worldview.
2. Understand the doctrines of the Christian faith from an evangelical perspective.
3. Serve in the local church in such ways as preaching, teaching, leading worship, and shepherding.
4. Share the gospel in one’s home culture and understand mission efforts around the world.
5. Put into practice the principles of spiritual growth and Christian leadership.
6. Exercise ministry skills learned through a field practicum
7. Understand a number of general subject areas from a Christian perspective.
Applicants should be age 22 or older
The prerequisite for this degree is a high school diploma or GED equivalent
A total of 96 credit hours is required for the completion of the degree.
The following outlines the required courses that students must take in order to complete the Bachelor of Christian Ministry degree:
Degree Program Outcomes
Graduates with the Bachelor of Christian Studies degree will be trained to:
1. Mature in their Christian faith while learning to engage the world
2. Gain understanding in biblical and theological issues
3. Grow in multiple areas of Christian studies and ministry skills
4. Become more well-rounded as they expand their knowledge in general education studies.
1. The prerequisite for this degree is a high school diploma or GED equivalent
2. A total of 120 credit hours is required for the completion of the degree
3. At least 30 credit hours must be completed on campus to provide regular and substantive student-faculty interaction to facilitate achieving the degree outcomes.
The following outlines the required courses that students must take in order to complete the Bachelor of Christian Studies degree:
|Bachelor of Christian Ministry (BCMin)|
|Biblical and Theological Studies|
|1B1311||Old Testament Survey||3|
|1B2311||New Testament Survey||3|
|OT and NT Bible Book Studies (three required)||9|
|1T1312||Christian World View||3|
|1P3322||Principles of Leadership||3|
|1P1321||Principles & Practices of Preaching||3|
|1E1342||Living & Sharing the Gospel||3|
|1E1341||Missions & Church Planting||2|
|1P2241||Capstone Ministry I||2|
|1L3311||English Composition 101||3|
|1L3313||English Composition 102||3|
|1L3312||Writing & Research||3|
|1L4311||Classics of Christian Literature||3|
|1C1311||Intro to Psychology & Counselling||3|
|1C1321||Basics of Family Dynamics||3|
|1H3311||Western Civilization 101
|1H3312||Western Civilization 102||3|
|1V2313||Earth Science Introduction||3|
|Total credits hours for Bachelor of Christian Ministry (BCMin)||96|
Recognized by the Province of Alberta. Accredited by the Association of Theological Schools (ATS) and the Association for Biblical Higher Education (ABHE).
200 Seminary View, Cochrane, AB,
T4C 2G1, CANADA
Phone: (403) 932-6622 • Fax: (403) 932-7049
See Office Hours